£8.33 - £8.74 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Service Adviser on an initial 9 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To be the first point of contact for people contacting the Council with enquiries about the services we provide via telephone, email, web chat, social media and face-to-face.
- You will be responsible for dealing with the enquiries we receive effectively, with a friendly manner, and for creating a positive impression of the Council by using your knowledge of our services to get the best possible outcomes for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering customers enquiries by phone, using a headset and laptop, email, web chat, social media and face-to-face.
- Looking up information for customers on computers and either resolving their enquiries or providing them with other sources of information as necessary.
- Searching, reading and entering customer details and enquiries into a range of database systems.
- Using Microsoft Office products e.g. Outlook and Word.
- Dealing tactfully with complaints and escalating customer complaints appropriately; passing relevant feedback to managers to improve service delivery.
- Checking official documents e.g. Utility Bill, Driving Licence to verify customer identity for a range of services.
- Advising customers about their eligibility for a range of services.
- Processing customer applications for our services and assessing their eligibility for them against a range of statutory duties, guidelines and Council policies.
- Operating appointment booking systems.
- Processing payments including refunds and end of day reconciliation.
- Ability to work as part of a team to deliver the best outcomes for customers; deliver team aims and objectives e.g. to meet the required customer service standards as specified in service level agreements; to support less experienced members of staff.
- With specific regard to members of staff who receive Access to Work funding and as directed by the line manager, provide the following 1-2-1 support:
- Read documents to staff with visual impairments that they would otherwise be unable to read.
- Assist staff in answering customer enquiries.
- Look up information for staff to enable them to resolve customer enquiries or provide other sources of information, as necessary.
- Search for details of customer's applications on service specific databases to enable the provision of accurate and up-to-date information to customers.
- Accompany staff to relevant team and service specific meetings and training sessions.
- Working with other teams within the organisation, for whom we deliver services, to review performance, processes and suggest improvements to help resolve customer enquiries effectively.
- Ability to make independent decision and identify when to refer complex enquiries to relevant specialists and other teams within the organisation.
- When necessary, transferring or referring customers to outside organisations and partner agencies to resolve their enquiries.
- With specific regard to the Repatriation service, the ability to accurately follow a process within a tight time line by working with a range of partner organisations and the ability to do this consistently, to safeguard the dignity of those being repatriated and the reputation of the Council.
- With specific regard to the Translation service, the ability to broker between the internal customer and the external supplier regarding jobs and payment for them.
- Undertake any other tasks as directed by the line manager and which are commensurate with the grade for this job.
- Commitment to and understanding of Equal Opportunities for all in Employment and the delivery of services to customers.
- Familiarisation with the Council's policies on safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and acting in accordance with the inter-agency safeguarding procedures of the councils Safeguarding boards.
Skills and Experience:
- A genuine interest in helping people with the ability to actively listen to customers and to communicate clearly and openly in writing and verbally to establish needs, inform and instruct using a range of channels including telephone, email, web chat, social media and face to face.
- Good administrative and ICT skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and process information accurately and in a methodical and organised way using a range of computer applications and information databases.
For this job role you will need the following:
- 2 Written references
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- A suitable NI Number
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases