£9.00 - £9.45 per hour
6 months ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Service Adviser on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37.5 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide proactive and comprehensive guidance, information and resolution to both internal and external customers which will involve interpreting the customer's need, initiating appropriate service delivery and ensuring effective resolution of their requests for the Council.
To positively contribute as a member of the Customer Services Team to achieving the highest standards of Customer Care ensuring the delivery of quality information, advice and promoting customer service excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deal with receipts of payments (for cash, cheques and card payments) and preparation of associated paperwork in an efficient and effective manner.
- Deal with customer's complaints in accordance with the Council's Corporate Complaints process, advise customers of the applicable procedures, proactively resolving complaints wherever possible and recording them as advised and escalate to Service Recovery team if required.
- Contact customers to monitor satisfaction and quality control checks.
- To resolve customer enquiries by telephone, electronically, post or face to face (including assisting with the filling in of the appropriate forms).
Receive requests, assess and establish the reason for the request, together with its urgency, and taking prompt, appropriate action in accordance with procedures and instructions for all services.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Qualifications, training or other requirements.
- Proven experience of working within team providing an excellent standard of customer service.
- GCSE Level English and Mathematics (at Grade C or above) or equivalent.
- Working towards (or willing to) NVQ 3 Customer Care and ECDL qualification or equivalent.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases