£12.24 - £12.85 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Experience Officer on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 Hours per week
Monday - Saturday
- To provide an excellent, high quality customer focused service.
- To act as enablers empowering customers and stakeholders to access the wide range of library services available with minimal support.
- To be self motivated in ensuring the smooth running of libraries. This will involve making informed decisions for the quick resolution of any problems that may arise during lone working.
- To oversee the recruitment, supervision and development of library volunteers and security guards.
- To be commercially aware and maximise on all income, partnership and promotional opportunities to support the achievement of performance targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide a first class customer focused service that consistently meets and/or exceeds customer expectations. This will include supporting customers with IT applications and enabling them to access information and other library resources on their own.
- To understand and anticipate community needs and trends and to inform the development of services that are tailored to these needs.
- To ensure the smooth running of the library making decisions as required.
- To maintain a professional, quality library environment at all times ensuring that the library is well presented and promotional displays are to a high standard.
- To be responsible for day to day library operations ensuring adequate staffing as well as the safety and security of sites and users at all times. This will include conducting building checks and health and safety audits, reporting faults and undertaking a range of duties such as opening and closing sites, cash handling and banking.
- To recruit, supervise and develop a team of volunteers keeping them motivated and empowered to provide a first class support service that is crucial to service delivery.
- To support the recruitment, induction and on-going supervision and development of security guards.
- To identify new partnership opportunities and to facilitate and enable the delivery of a wide range of customer focused added value activities that are tailored to local needs.
- Utilising a range of channels such as the website, intranet and social media, to ensure effective communications with all library stakeholders including customers, partners, volunteers and work colleagues particularly those working different shift patterns volunteers, partners and customers.
- To proactively and enthusiastically support the implementation of a range of high profile service-wide initiatives such as the schools and libraries project as well as library campaign and consultation programmes.
- To be performance focused and commercially aware, identifying and maximising on opportunities to meet service targets, generate new income streams and develop new services.
- To maintain a good knowledge of publishing trends and utilise this and all available tools and usage data to ensure that stock is relevant, well promoted and effectively displayed in an accessible way that is tailored to the needs of the local audience.
- To monitor and ensure adherence to library service standards, policies and procedures at all times. This will include meeting data quality, customer charter and service standards at all times.
- To act as a change agent by proactively identifying and putting forward opportunities for improvement and positively promoting change to all library stakeholders.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to tailor services to meet the service user's needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with an ability to digest information and present it appropriately to different levels of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to adapt to changing software packages.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with an ability to manage projects through to successful completion.
- Effective supervisory skills with an ability to motivate people to achieve desired outcomes.
- Good time management skills with an ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work independently, thinking on your feet and using initiative to resolve any issues that arise.
- Creative problem solving skills with an ability to make informed decisions.
- Ability to supervise a busy environment and keep sight of both personal and service objectives.
- Ability to understand and work within a performance culture to focus on the overall service objectives.
- Commercially aware with an ability to identify and maximise opportunities to achieve key objectives.
- An ability to put and drive forward ideas for service improvement and promote change.
- Experience of working in a front-line position responding to the needs of the public.
- Experience of supervising and developing people to deliver desired outcomes and services.
- Experience of working with different IT applications in a front line environment.
- Experience of contributing to the achievement of service objectives.
- Evidence of self-motivation with a willingness to learn, take ownership and adapt to new ways of doing things.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are Eligible to work in the UK.
- You have a suitable NI Number.
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified)
- A enhanced DBS.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases