Manchester, Greater Manchester
£10.61 - £11.14 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Customer Advisor on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To deliver excellent customer service as a member of the UK Customer Contact Centre Team, responding to customer situations quickly and in line with Councils regulations and standards, to achieve specific measurable results for the BCCS and more widely for the Council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes end-to-end accountability for handling routine enquiries (including complaints) about the Council and its programmes, products and services from customers around the world via telephone, email, social media and by letter in line with agreed Council customer service performance standards (Customer Management Framework) to deliver a high quality customer experience.
- Identifies and escalates more complex enquiries or customer complaints appropriately in a timely manner to ensure they are dealt with and resolved swiftly.
- Develops good working relationships with an agreed group of internal customers/stakeholders and actively shares, develops and disseminates information relevant to effective customer enquiry handling.
- Identifies opportunities to promote and cross-sell Council programmes and products
- Keeps up to date with changes to Council products and programmes and related information, and to communicate any changes in a timely manner in order to ensure the team has up-to-date resources for enquiry servicing
- Organises own resources to ensure information is readily available to promptly and effectively handle customer enquiries
- Shares, develops and disseminates information relevant for customer enquiry handling
- Continuously identifies ways to improve departmental and interdepartmental working
- Records individual activity accurately using the BCCS's CRM system.
- Works flexibly as part of the team to ensure workload of enquiries is balanced between all Advisors, deadlines are met and service standards are upheld.
- Provides administrative support on a rota basis to ensure the team's customer service obligations are met (e.g. IELTS Verifications, printing and posting the list of travellers visa waiver form for schools).
- Provides administrative and logistical support to the management team as required (e.g. arranging/coordinating meetings, facilitating visits to BCCS and ensuring team resources are stocked).
- Contributes to developing a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement by actively and positively providing feedback in team meetings to help develop and share good practice and policy.
Risk and compliance
- Follows BCCS compliance and agreed corporate risk management procedures relevant to customer service delivery (e.g. data protection, freedom of information, EO&D, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the Council and its customers at all times.
- Recognises and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts a Team Leader to any issues of concern that are likely to impact service delivery or customer experience.
Commercial and resource management
- Maintains and enhances BCCS presence and Council impact by informing internal and external customers about services via intranet, internet and other appropriate channels.
Managing self and others
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, responding to changing requirements to ensure effective delivery or responsibilities over a daily/weekly time horizon.
- Provides support and information on agreed work areas to new members of the team and supports the enquiries Team Leaders in training new starters and providing guidance to colleagues as and when required.
- Keeps up to date with changes to council products and programmes and related information, and communicates any changes in a timely manner in order to ensure the team has up to date resources for enquiring handling.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working within a team in a customer service environment
- Experience of working with a wide variety of customers
- Experience of handling complaints
- CRM - able to enter/record data accurately and quickly
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases