£11.32 - £12.32 per hour
10 days ago
4 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Control Officer to join our busy offices based in Portsmouth on a temporary basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £11.32 p/h +.
As the Credit Control Officer, your main duties will include:
- In the role, you will be ensuring that outstanding monies owed to PCC from our external customers are paid on time and to agreed payment terms
- You will pursue and monitor customer queries to make certain they are resolved as promptly as possible. This may involve liaising with other Council teams as well as external customers.
- You will have your own area of accounts to manage and this will involve monitoring aged debt reports and telephoning and corresponding with customers to maximise the collection of payment for current and overdue bills.
- At times you will need to negotiate and make recommendations on how best to recover or manage outstanding debts.
- You will need to accurately record the customer billing information onto the computerised recording system.
- Taking payment over the telephone.
- Producing monthly reports.
To be successful for this Credit Control Officer post you will need to have:
- A proven track record in credit control and collections work.
- An up to date working knowledge of credit control and collections are essential
- An understanding of financial billing and invoicing procedures is essential
- To have basic accounting skills and the ability to reconcile customer accounts
- To be confident with IT, including Microsoft Office and Accounts Receivable packages, and be keen to use the latest technology
- To have experience with accounts receivable packages; knowledge of Oracle accounts receivable would be an advantage
- To have a sound understanding of how the requirement for Data Protection applies to Credit Control is essential
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.