£9.00 - £12 per hour
6 months ago
The COVID Secure Marshal role is a casual role with the post holder required to work a shift pattern which will encompass weekend work. The role requires successful applicants to advise the public on the latest government guidance on COVID 19, record observations and actions relating to COVID 19, cleaning of frequently touched points, handing out of face masks and presenting a friendly ambassadorial face to the Council's COVID 19 response.
To provide a customer-facing ambassadorial service that helps residents and visitors in East Staffordshire to adhere to national guidance on COVID-19 such as social distancing and wearing of face masks.
Day to Day duties:
- Attend a daily briefing at the start of each shift and be provided with relevant instructions.
- In line with the instructions be on hand to provide friendly, non-confrontational guidance for visitors to our town centres, advising on such aspects as one way pedestrian systems (e.g. Station Street), the wearing of facemasks and any other relevant activity.
- Report any issues to the CCEO supervisor as these arise.
- Maintain a record of any observations that warrant further input from the CCEO supervisor or partner agency i.e. the Police.
- Provide a professional and courteous customer-focused service and act as an 'ambassador' of the Council when dealing with residents, businesses and elected members.
- Report to the appropriate internal department or external partner items that inhibit the practice of social distancing e.g. street furniture, narrow pavements over grown trees or bushes.
- Using the provide materials and appropriate PPE, ensure often touched points in the public realm are wiped/cleaned on a regular basis.
- Work collaboratively with representatives of external bodies, including the police, CCTV operators and shopping centre management companies, to improve and promote local environmental quality and to detect and deal with any offences.
- Promote a caring, helpful attitude to service delivery for all customers and service agencies.
- Ensure all personal equipment and uniform is used and maintained in an appropriate manner and all provided uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn at all times.
To comply with all applicable health and safety policies and legislative requirements in performance of duties of the post
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.