£16.01 - £19.93 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
21 days ago
A 12 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Covid Regulatory Support Officer within the local authorities in Wembley.
This role is to provide information to the public and business on our high streets and local shopping parades on current Covid 19 secure regulations and guidance to encourage the highest possible standards of safety and compliance.
The post holder will be assigned specific duties in relation to the council's Covid 19 response, including giving advice to business owners and the public such as social distancing and wearing a face covering and offering support to the enforcement teams during the pandemic.
The role will include contact with members of the public and businesses regarding Covid 19 regulations, proving leaflets, verbal messages, offering sanitiser or directing the public to hygiene stations, ensuring the public are aware of any temporary public realm changes, carrying out investigative enquiries following Covid related complaints about businesses, providing an initial response to the public, feedback to enforcement staff, documenting actions and adhering to policies and procedures including health and safety instructions.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To participate in the delivery of Coivd response duties and support enforcement staff in Regulatory Services
- Provide a high quality frontline service to local residents and business owners taking responsibility to increase compliance rates of Covid secure guidelines and regulations
- Engagement with business owners and members of the public to answer enquires and/or provide Covid secure advice
- Check high street areas, business premises and public realm are operating as safey as possible in accordance Covid secure guidelines and regulations, offering support and advice where required.
- Encourage and support businesses to trade as safely as possible, taking part in campaigns, awareness events, communication plans, working with Town Centre Managers, Neighbourhood Patrol Officers and liaising with business associations/groups.
- General clerical and administrative duties including entering data, maintaining records and information and ordering and keeping stocks of leaflets, PPE or other materials
- Notify senior officers where advice is not being followed or in more complex situations where additional support is required or if further changes to the public realm are needed to increase safety.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
- GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) grade C or above in Maths and English
- Basic knowledge of laws regarding consumer protection, licensing and business regulation
- Understanding and a commitment to the confidential nature of regulatory work
- Confident in the use of IT
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 09:00am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.