£234.53 - £251.80 per day
22 days ago
Our client is seeking a Corporate HR Manager on the initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week.
Monday - Friday
To lead the development of high quality, comprehensive, efficient and effective systems of human resource management so that the Council's employment systems are aligned with and support its ambitions, maximize its performance and meet its strategic objectives and budget plans.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Ensure the Council's employment systems are modern, responsive, planned and coherent and align with, support and inform its strategic objectives, aims and requirements.
- Be alert to national and local influences and forecast the impact of internal and external change and plan the Council's response in a coordinated and timely way.
- Ensure the Council fulfills its legal obligations as an employer
- Ensure the Council has modern, robust, efficient and effective employment policies, procedures and practices.
- Develop and maintain remuneration policies and systems which meet the requirements of the Council, including pension matters.
- Ensure stable and constructive employment relations and effective negotiations, consultations and communications with staff groups and trade unions, including coordinating the Employees' Joint Consultative Committee.
- Lead major projects and changes affecting the employment of staff.
- Provide expert and current knowledge of best practice in human resources management.
- Advise members, senior management and colleagues on human resources management, including providing guidance and professional development.
- Manage and develop the County HR team.
- Set professional standards for HR staff and ensure they are well informed and appropriately skilled.
- Chair and develop the County HR Strategic Team network.
- Work in partnership with Hampshire County Council's IBC and HR functions to achieve consistent optimum service.
- Ensure the production of accurate and timely data and information for bench-marking, publication and management information.
- Develop and enhance business systems and processes.
- Any other duties necessary to fulfill the role.
Skills and Experience-
- MCIPD or equivalent with commitment to continuous professional development
- Understanding of the role of Corporate HR in supporting the Council;
- Detailed knowledge (typically gained through a recognised professional qualification e.g. CIPD) of professional HR practice and procedure;
- Excellent working knowledge of employment legislation and trends, to include evidence of its interpretation and application, as well interpretation and anticipated application of new legislation;
- Excellent understanding of organisational cultures and the principles of change management;
- Evidence of people management;
- Evidence of Leadership Skills;
- Evidence of managing change arising from significant changes to business practices, behaviours and attitudes;
- Evidence of development of corporate level strategies and work plans;
- Evidence of lead direct involvement in negotiation and consultation work involving TUs and other staff representatives
- Active Communication - actively consults and supports the flow of communication through the organisation and provides a compelling vision to others.
- Improving Performance - Consistently manages towards high performance through appropriate feedback, management of poor performance and respect for individual difference.
- Motivating & Influencing - Has impact and influence and effectively motivates others to achieve goals and embrace change.
- Decision-making - makes clear management and financial decisions that take full account of value for money, cost management, efficiency and risk.
- Delivering Results- Consistently delivers stretching objectives through effective prioritisation, project management and the efficient use of resources.
- Customer focus - retains responsibility for high levels of external and internal customer service through active feedback and a strong understanding of diverse customers.
- Strategic Awareness - develops effective internal and external relationships and networks that enable the understanding and delivery of broad organisational goals.
- Personal Effectiveness - Acts with high levels of trust and personal accountability and responds positively to change and opportunities for personal development
- Good management and leadership skills, acting positively, flexibly and constructively, bringing energy and focus to the work.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to produce and present clearly articulated, well-structured, concise reports including the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data;
- Ability to analyse problems at a strategic and operational level, identify root cause and develop a range of creative, innovative solutions, which will add value;
- Evidence of good communication, influencing and negotiation skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Collaborative approach demonstrating mutual trust and support, within the council and with partners;
- Able to focus on internal and external customers, being innovative and creative, open to ideas and challenge and committed to individual learning and development;
- Ability to quickly understand business priorities and requirements and translate into HR requirements
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels across the organisation in order to influence and get things done;
- Ability to take responsibility for own work consistently achieving and delivering to time, and quality despite tight timescales and conflicting priorities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to successfully present information verbally through use of formal presentation tools;
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.