West End, London
£10.55 - £11.08 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cook to join our clients offices based in West End on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Cook, your main duties will include:
To manage a non-domestic kitchen, cook meals and prepare other refreshments for users of a centre or day nursery. The temp will normally be expected to participate in menu planning, direct other staff involved in food preparation, plan work tasks, clean food preparation & equipment and prepare simple stock orders.
To be successful for this cook post you will need to have:
- Experience of working as a Cook in a non-domestic setting responsible for the provision of meals from a menu of dishes to large numbers of people at each sitting.
- Experience of supervising others in a catering environment.
- As a Cook, to have been accountable for managing a catering budget over a period of time.
- Preferably a City & Guilds 706/1 and 2 or S/NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation and Cooking.
- Knowledge of menu planning.
- Knowledge of equality's & diversity issues.
- Excellent knowledge of nutrition and food hygiene.
- Able to plan methodically and cope with several tasks at once.
- Basic literacy & numeracy skills.
- Effective Communicator.
- Flexible (hours and activity).
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 36 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: £10.55 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.