£400 - £420 per day
3 months ago
Our client is currently seeking a Contracts Manager on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£400 a day
The People Commissioning, Contracts and Quality Assurance Service is responsible for the commissioning, delivery and management of key strategic contracts across the directorate.
A consistent approach to commissioning, sourcing and contract management will provide the Council with a resource to successfully commercially manage contracts, and to share this best practice across the wider organisation where contracts are let. This is key to ensuring that agreed outcomes are delivered and relationships are developed to maximise the benefits of long term partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of robust contract management aligned to governance arrangements and deliver best value.
- Lead and manage the development of quality assurance framework and systematic implementation across all contracts.
- Lead and coordinate the development of contract and quality assurance outcomes for the directorate and partners to inform future commissioning intentions.
- Oversee the development of robust contractual terms and conditions, KPIs, Outcomes and outputs identifying opportunities to add to the scope of the contracts (in conjunction with Procurement and Legal).
- Lead, influence, and engage with key stakeholders, including providers, service users/carers, wider community (potential customers) and statutory agencies to maintain effective relationships and strong collaborative arrangements.
- Provide significant contribution and expertise to contractual matters and disputes, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations. Where necessary highlight potential significant issues and disputes to the appropriate service (Client), legal and finance teams.
- Research, disseminate and analyse a range of highly complex data and information from a variety of sources, including national policy, models of best practice, bench marking data, and draw conclusions with reports to the Senior Manager, Directors, Elected Members and senior leaders from partner organisations.
- Manage, supervise and develop the team of contract officers to ensure that resources are effectively deployed.
- Liaise and work closely with colleagues in the commissioning team to ensure the efficient transition of contracts following the procurement of services and to ensure best practice/learning is incorporated into contract design, the appropriate amendments to contracts in response to changes in service need and the effective response to any significant contractual under performance and/or provider failures.
- Cultivate, shape, stimulate and promote social care, public health and children and families market and external service provision. Organise and facilitate high quality engagement and consultation activities and produce intelligence reports to inform recommissioning activity.
- Produce detailed financial models of the potential cost implications of growth in the market to inform future delivery models and commissioning arrangements. Manage negotiations with Providers for each designated contract including creating innovative solutions to future financial pressures and report financial savings.
- To deputise for and represent the Senior manager, the Directorate or the organisation when required.
- To participate in the council wide emergency planning rota and any other rota deemed appropriate as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive professional experience in managing social care, public health or early intervention and prevention contracts.
- Significant experience of working with public procurement contracts; including adult social care, public health and early intervention and prevention.
- Considerable experience of working within the Adult Social Care arena and understanding of associated contract areas.
- Significant experience of working at a senior level in a service-led environment with suppliers and developing, implementing and managing performance-based measures.
- Extensive experience working within UK Contracts Regulations, EU Procurement Law and contractual frameworks.
- Proven experience of identifying, developing and delivering processes to manage quality and deliver service improvement across Peoples services.
- Understanding and practical application of risk management in contracts and resulting commercial impact.
- Evidence of applying negotiating skills within a commercial environment.
- A proven track record of successful partnership working.
- Experience in delivering improved outcomes for people who use our services.
- Experience of leading, managing, supervising and motivating staff in accordance with HR policies.
- Ability to interpret and analyse a range complex information.
- Experience of delivering transformational change projects.
- Excellent communication skills in order develop and maintain business partnerships at a senior level including;
- ability to have difficult conversations with providers
- challenging the status quo where necessary
- delivering real change to services and improved outcomes for service users
- ability represent the Council effectively with external providers up to MD level.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to understand contractual context and interpret requirements for Strategic Commissioners, operational staff and managers.
- Team working skills to support forging successful partnerships.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with others on strategic and contractual issues.
- Ability to involve customers in service review, evaluation and contract management.
- Ability to cope with ambiguity, uncertainty and pressure and be able to work under public scrutiny.
- Well-developed IT skills including knowledge and ability to use MS Office.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases