£16.03 - £17.03 per hour
about 1 month ago
3 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join our busy offices based in Rugby on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £16.03 p/h.
As the Contracts Manager, your main duties will include:
- To ensure that all services and activities undertaken within both Council and privately owned housing stock is carried out to a high standard and that absolute care and respect is given to the tenants/homeowners and their properties at all time.
- To exercise initiative and independence in decision making whilst on site to resolve issues, including the investigation and resolution of minor complaints and service issues, this will include dealing with members of the public in an appropriate manner.
- To be responsible for the scheduling and forward planning of works; which will involve working closely with Unit Managers and other colleagues.
- To allocate works to the team members on a daily basis; or as often as required.
- To obtain quotations for materials from suppliers and order stocks as required, working within the Councils procurements framework at all times when purchasing materials and consumable items.
- To monitor works on site as necessary.
- To assist the Operations and Business Development Manager in costing works that fall outside normal contracted schedule of rates.
- To provide the Finance Officer with accurate work sheets to ensure correct invoicing of completed works in relation to time spent carrying out the works and materials used.
- To continue to be operationally involved in the physical delivery of services on the ground and to also carry out a reasonable amount of office based activity.
To be successful for this Contracts Manager post you will need to have:
- Assessment Level 2 NVQ in an associated skill (joinery, plumbing, drainage, fencing, plastering, or glazing) or 3 years minimum experience
- Full valid driving licence
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- On-site safety awareness and a knowledge of all current legislation
- Supervisory Management Background
- Commitment to work within our CAN DO values
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.