Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£8.03 - £8.43 per hour
15 days ago
Our client is seeking a Contact Officer to join them in their offices based in Stoke on Trent 2-3 months with the possibility of extension.
As the Contact Officer, your main duties will include:
- Supervise court-ordered contacts
- Maintain necessary records as required
- Provide advice and support to parents and to ensure that all relevant information is passed onto the child's Social worker
- Arranging the transporting of children to the Contact Sessions, including the collection and return of children to their placement when necessary
- Attend reviews, planning meetings etc, as necessary.
- Supervising contact meetings and maintaining necessary records as required.
- Provide advice and support to parents, to increase parenting skills and improve the quality of contact.
- To provide written reports relating to contact as required. Ensuring that the contact room and activities are age appropriate and any rooms are left tidy.
- Ensuring that all relevant information is recorded appropriately.
- Ensuring that all relevant information is passed onto the child's social worker.
To be successful for this Contact Officer post, you will need to have:
- Evidence of sound basic education and the ability to record information accurately and appropriately.
- Ability to fully meet the requirements of the post and cover the geographic area required, either by possession of a valid driver's licence or access to public or other transport in line with the regulations of the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Able to develop appropriate relationships with children and their families.
- An understanding of assessment and child care planning processes.
The hours of the contact service are 8-8 Monday to Sunday. There will be a requirement that 2 weekends in the month where you will be required to work.
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £8.03 p/h
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases