West End, London
£10.00 - £10.50 per hour
27 days ago
Our client is seeking a Contact Centre Adviser on an initial 5 months with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide an effective, high quality, responsive, information and advice service to telephone callers including callers who can be difficult on the phone. The post holder will also be responsible for administrative duties such as making bookings for bulky refuse collections and pest control bookings, accepting payments by credit card.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be the department's customer focused interface with the public on all initial contacts, whether by telephone, web chat, email or letter, giving a prompt, helpful and suitable response at all times in line with corporate customer care standards and bearing in mind the implications of the Data Protection Act, 1984. (Training on Data Protection will be given).
- To promote a positive, helpful image of the Council to customers and to be proactive on behalf of customers to get problems satisfactorily resolved.
- To keep up to date with policies, procedures and practices that effect the Business Group in order to provide accurate advice and information for the public about issues as wide ranging as noise regulations and consumer rights.
- To identify opportunities for improving the service provided and to take an active role in developing the service.
- To be responsible for accurately recording details of enquiries or complaints and allocating them to appropriate teams, officers or managers applying criteria to assess urgency etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Must be literate and numerate.
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as within a team.
- Ability to gather and collate information from a range of sources.
- Ability to work flexibly and to embrace new challenges and adapt to change. (Ability to do occasional work outside normal hours would be an additional advantage.)
- Excellent keyboard skills and ability to use IT based office systems (e.g. MS Office, Intranet).
- A mix of qualifications/training and experience would be acceptable with evidence of ability to learn quickly.
- Experience of using Acolaid and/or Mayrise software.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases