West End, London
£15.13 - £15.87 per hour
26 days ago
Our client is seeking a Consultation Assistant on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To plan and undertake consultation projects as part of the Corporate Community Engagement Team.
To work to ensure that consultation and research projects undertaken by the Council are carried out to robust methodological standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To conduct a range of surveys with the public to assess attitudes to and satisfaction with Council services.
To design and undertake a range of other quantitative and qualitative consultation exercises to inform Council policies and services, including contributing to large scale Council wide consultation exercises.
To establish and maintain survey files using Snap software and conduct analyses on a wide range of survey data.
To present consultation and research findings in user friendly formats suitable for a variety of audiences.
To provide practical assistance to members of the Team and services across the Council to undertake consultations.
To support and advise colleagues across the organisation on their choice of consultation methods, and to ensure consultation and research projects are appropriate and use robust methodologies.
To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required.
All staff are expected to carry out their job in compliance with the Councils Constitution. This means being familiar with the policies and procedures relevant to the job and asking for information and advice if you are unsure of the correct course of action. The Council's Constitution is published on the Internet.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of involvement in effective public consultation.
- Experience of designing, implementing and completing a range of consultation projects.
- Experience in collecting, handling and analysing large amounts of information, and presenting this to a variety of professional and lay audiences in an understandable form (in particular numerical information).
- Experienced in the use of survey software.
- Excellent skills in designing and undertaking quantitative consultation projects.
- Good numerical and analytic skills.
- Good level of computer literacy word processing, databases, spreadsheets and Microsoft applications are essential.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases