City of London, London
8 months ago
Children and Young People's Service
- To act as one of the lead managers for the Child Protection and for children looked after Conference and Reviewing system. To develop and ensure good, consistent and effective practice for children looked after or children requiring child protection plans. To Chair Child Protection Conferences, Strategy Meetings following allegations against professional carers, LAC Reviews, Foster Carer and Adopters' Reviews and to contribute to the development of policy and practice. To monitor and review practice within Children's Services and to provide professional advice and guidance to senior managers, senior officers, elected members and partner agencies on child protection procedures, legislation and good practice in relation to Looked After Childre
Skills and Knowledge:
- Effective Business Planning
- Perfomance and monitoring management
- knowledge of child protection enquiries, investigations, care child protection planning.
- knowledge in Court work
- Knowledge of all Child Care and other relevant legislation and related policies and guidance.
- Knowledge of child development and child protection.
- Ability to provide clear leadership and direction and motivate others.
- Experience post-qualification practice within an area of child and family service.
- Experience of management and/ or staff supervision.
- Experience of performance monitoring and management.
- Experience of business planning.
- Social Work Degree or equivalent (DipSW/CQSW).
- Ability to be registered with the GSCC.
- Management qualification or ability to work toward one.
- Post qualifying social work qualification or ability to work toward one.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.