Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£31.38 - £32.37 per hour
8 months ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Conference & Review Manager to join our client's offices based in Stoke on Trent on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £31.38 p/h PAYE.
As the Conference & Review Manager, your main duties will include:
- To act as an independent Chair for relevant meetings in respect of the Child Protection and Looked After Children systems. These include Looked After Children reviews, foster carer and adopters' reviews, child protection conferences and professional carer's strategy meetings
- To promote the full participation of children and their families in the child protection and Looked After Children processes.
- To ensure high-quality practice, sensitive to the needs of looked after children and children requiring child protection plans.
- To ensure that diversity is valued and promoted.
- To ensure all work undertaken is in accordance with statutory requirements, Directorate and Local Safeguarding Children Board policy and guidelines.
- To contribute to the work of inter-agency forums including the Safeguarding Children Board
- To facilitate problem resolution concerning a child's Care or Protection Plan. This can involve complex and contentious childcare issues that can lead to reviews of policies and procedures within the Directorate.
- To be responsible for ensuring that relevant advice and guidance in the Directorate, Council and from external agencies and organisations are effectively implemented.
- To ensure that Child Care and Protection Plans are reviewed regularly, and in accordance with Policy and guidelines, and to use information and experience gained to develop good practice.
- To ensure that case recording complies with Directorate policy and national guidance.
- To establish quality assurance systems and carry out an auditing role to ensure compliance with service standards in relation to child protection and looked after children. This involves presenting regular monitoring reports to senior managers in the Directorate.
- To develop and maintain systems to ensure statistical returns and reports are produced as required, and to make use of Management Information systems, including information technology and to undertake training as necessary.
- To represent or deputise for the Service Manager Safeguarding & Review.
- In conjunction with other childcare colleagues and with Training to identify training needs and facilitate or participate in the development and delivery of training programmes.
- To ensure that children and their families are informed of their right to advocacy and to complain about or compliment the service they receive.
- To assist Looked After Children to seek legal advice regarding applications for contact or discharge of Care Orders in conjunction with the Social Worker.
- To develop and maintain effective partnership working across the statutory, voluntary and independent sectors so that appropriate resources may be identified and mobilised for the benefit of individuals.
- To work in a flexible manner in carrying out any other appropriate duties.
To be successful for this Conference & Review Manager post you will need to have:
- Social Work Degree or equivalent (DipSW/CQSW)
- Ability to be registered with the GSCC
- Management qualification or ability to work toward one
- Experience post-qualification practise within an area of child and family service.
- Experience of management and/ or staff supervision.
- Experience in managing staff and resources.
- Experience of performance monitoring and management.
- Experience of business planning.
- Experience of the use of Quality Assurance tools and processes.
- Knowledge & skills in effective Business Planning.
- Knowledge & skills in performance monitoring and management.
- Knowledge & skills in the development and use of quality assurance processes.
- Skills & knowledge of representing Children's Social Care in a range of interagency settings.
- Skills & knowledge of child protection enquiries, investigations, care child protection planning.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.