Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£10.15 - £10.66 per hour
17 days ago
Our client is seeking a Conference and Panel Coordinator on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To provide an efficient and effective panel and conference co-ordination service to all stakeholders within Specialist Services.
- To provide an excellent customer service, displaying a 'can do' attitude, working with accuracy and speed.
- To plan and execute duties as required which support the vision of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an effective Service Support service for meetings, Conferences, Reviews, Adoption and Fostering Panels and other meetings as required. Arranging dates and venues; ensuring that appropriate refreshments are provided, sending out invitations, travelling to meetings/conferences, minute meetings, producing related word processed materials, dispatching reports of proceedings and resolutions and ensuring that any agreed administrative action is taken.
- To arrange dates and venues in conjunction with internal and external customers and managers, producing word processed materials and distribution of reports.
- To prepare and produce a range of documents, utilising most appropriate methods to achieve maximum quality possible, this to include word processing, audio and copy typing, etc.
- To support the Service by prioritising planned and unexpected requests in the process of maintaining appropriate diaries.
- To receive, sort and distribute mail within the location specified and dispatch outgoing mail.
- To undertake photocopying/collating/distribution of documents (including faxes).
- To implement routine procedures and systems in support of the team's activity and function of the staff group as required.
- To carry out routine maintenance of office equipment, for example cartridge/toner replacement.
- To act as a point of contact and facilitate two way communication of information from a variety of people, including internal and external organisations and members of the public.
- To provide reception services as necessary.
- To access, input and retrieve information using Corporate and Departmental information systems (manual and computerised).
- To maintain up-to-date information on files, lists and records as required (manual and/or computerised) and ensure easy retrieval of the same information.
- To undertake research, gather information and produce reports, statements and statistical summaries using appropriate systems.
- To provide backup with the operation and reconciliation of the Imprest account including encasement of imprest account cheques.
- To provide backup with the reconciliation.
- To provide backup with the arrangement of day to day financial transactions in accordance with Corporate financial regulations including receipt, payment and reconciliation of cash into the City fund, custody and control of official order books, receipt books and other controlled stationery as required.
- To provide backup with the maintenance and monitoring of appropriate budgets as required.
- To provide backup with the preparation and maintenance of asset inventories as required.
- To complete purchasing orders and process delivery notes as well as passing accounts for payment, as required.
- To operate in an open manner and ensure that the Service Support Officer is kept informed on key issues.
- To assist in promoting a culture of equality of opportunity, achievement, responsibility and personal growth.
- To promote the modernisation agenda by ensuring that the services are efficiently and effectively delivered.
- To adopt a flexible and adaptable approach across whole service as required.
- To embrace any other duties as may be allocated from time to time which are deemed to be commensurate with the designation and grading of the post.
- To promote and improvement of public perception of the City Council's performance for specific service areas.
- To assist in implementing a realisable programme of service development within the specific area of responsibility.
Skills and Experience:
- A good standard of education.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of positive and effective working relationships.
- An understanding of health & safety.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Minute taking experience including efficient production of notes.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A commitment to equality of opportunity and in particular the application of the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Good administrative skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to travel to meetings away from the office base.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified).
- You are eligable to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI Number.
- A Enhanced DBS.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.