£12.23 - £12.84 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Conference and Events Supervisor on the initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
- Responsible for assisting and supporting the Senior Conference and Events Supervisor to coordinate and deliver a wide range of small and large scale internal, external, corporate, private, and ceremonial events from start to finish to the highest standard.
- Ensure a seamless delivery of events maintaining client confidence at all times.
- This role is any 5/7 so the candidate must be prepared to work evenings and weekends where required.
- This role can involve light Manual handling/lifting and moving as well as the use of a genie lift and ladders.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- With continuous reference to the busy events calendar and events management systems, to assist in coordinating and supervising elements required to deliver a variety of events for up to 1000 guests including internal meetings, conferences, weddings, corporate hospitality, public events and ceremonial events.
- Supervising of all events on the day successfully from start to finish including overseeing set-up and clearing with close attention to detail.
- To be the main point of contact for clients on events signing off their briefs and set-ups with them and to resolve any issues that may arise quickly and efficiently.
- Supervising events staff and working closely with the Conference and Events Manager, Senior Conference and Events Supervisor and Conference and Events Stewards whilst always striving to exceed client and guest expectations and satisfaction.
- Supervising all external suppliers when on site including ensuring they adhere to Brent Council's Health and Safety policies and venue Risk Assessments.
- Takes pride and ownership for all events spaces and the activities within them, ensuring Health & Safety policies are adhered to, appropriate cleanliness standards and environmental conditions that meet user requirements.
- Ensuring that any building faults are reported to the Facilities Management team and appropriate action taken.
- Responsible for troubleshooting AV issues (and coordinating AV support when required). Ensuring lighting is correct and IT issues are reported and dealt with quickly.
- Responsible for ensuring heating, cooling and lighting levels are sufficient for the event space and able to make adjustments via the BMS and manual controls.
- Work closely with the Senior Conference and Events Supervisor to ensure the correct areas are identified and booked to assist with set-up and clear.
- Advise on ways in which to improve events in the different areas and come up with suggestions to continuously improve service whilst also assisting to keep control of costs.
- Responsible for growing and upholding Brent Council's Conference and Events business reputation and an ambassador for Brent Council events.
- Responsible for the safe storage of stock and furniture including arranging regular checks and maintenance/cleaning to furniture and equipment.
- To produce accurate and timely post-event documentation and reports including collecting client signs off and feedback as necessary.
- To assist the Senior Conference and Events Supervisor with monthly reporting including financial and performance monitoring if required.
- To assist the Senior Conference and Events Supervisor with staff rotas and the booking of agency staff as and when required.
- To assist with the hiring of furniture and equipment, including checking such items in and out of the building with the supplier, as and when required to do so.
- Handling of cash for ticketed/public events.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Skills and Experience-
- Knowledge of current issues affecting the Events Industry and interest in current event trends.
- Knowledge and awareness of current health & safety legislation and regulations
- Relevant Event Operations qualification desirable but not essential
- Already a personal licence holder or willingness to train for this
- First aid certified or willingness to be trained
- SIA qualified or willingness to be trained
- Experience of working operationally in events and preferably within an event-specific-venue environment delivering a very broad range of conference and event activities
- Experience of overseeing all the elements of event production, public events and performance spaces.
- Experience of Supervising Staff, agency staff and external suppliers/contractors
- Customer service experience
- Manual handling and lifting
- Experience of using Event Management Systems and producing reports and event briefs
- High level of attention to detail
- Good person-management skills that inspire respect and confidence
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to empathise, maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness within an often pressurised environment
- Flexible / supportive team player with hands on approach
- Totally committed to continuous improvement and to achieving high client satisfaction
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with experience of liaising with customers and colleagues on all levels.
- A conscientious, flexible and 'can do' working style
- Ability to diffuse potentially difficult situations professionally and calmly
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.