£193.50 - £203.18 per day
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Compliance Manager on an initial 5 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 36 Hours
Pay Rate: £193.50 Daily
To take direct and indirect operational responsibility for ensuring the Council's compliance with its landlord statutory and non-statutory duties and obligations is met and maintained on the portfolios assigned to the post holder. Provide strategic direction and risk management accountability for compliance on the portfolios assigned to the post holder.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the relevant services; this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council.
- Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
- Develop and implement a risk management approach to Compliance and the elimination and reduction of hazards through the delivery of training, maintenance, inspection and testing work. Identify the properties, assets and risks for the portfolio. Investigate and reduce the number of unknown risks or properties or assets.
- Create checklists, inspections and audits to build the risk data. Carry out workforce involvement and consultation to identify and consider all risks. Carry out accident and loss investigations and scenario planning including stakeholder consultation. Use techniques such as SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) and PESTLE (political, economic, sociological, technological, legal, environmental) analyses to assist in developing the full risk picture
- Rank the risks and prioritise mitigation and programmed action within financial limits. Develop a risk management strategy and plan accordingly. Communicate the risks and mitigation plans to the Property Services Team and stakeholders. Execute compliance management and regularly monitor and report progress.
- Develop and provide a comprehensive suite of policies, processes and procedures that are current and reflect all relevant statutory and regulatory requirement and best practice. Register with all appropriate bodies, associations, journals etc. via internet, emails or subscription to ensure current information is available and up to date.
- Translate strategy, policy and procedures into objectives, programmes, projects, key performance measures and management and reporting information
- Develop and provide 1-5 year compliance programmes for testing, inspection and cyclical maintenance work. Ensure appropriate levels of funding are bid for, planned for and obtained. Review and develop technical specifications that will promote best practice and achieve VFM across all projects and programmes.
- Design, commission and/or procure suitable contracts to secure compliance. Monitor delivery of the outputs of those contracts or manage those contracts directly and indirectly as appropriate and required.
- Develop comprehensive and up-to-date information on the status of all landlord and statutory compliance risks and outcomes. Manage appropriate data management systems that will record all testing, inspection and remedial works. Ensure the establishment and maintenance of robust and accurate programme compliance records, files and reports, for both existing and new programmes.
- Be responsible for providing a health and safety focus and direction on all construction and compliance projects from inception to completion. Exercise delegated authority in the absence of the line Manager to take appropriate action in the event of abuse of health and safety.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases