£18.14 - £19.05 per hour
19 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Company Accountant to join our clients offices based in Bath on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Company Accountant your main duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts consisting of a written executive summary, income and expenditure, balance sheet, trial balance, aged debtors, aged creditors, full departmental analysis, variance, and a rolling cash flow forecast.
- Presentation of the monthly accounts to the senior management team and Chief Executive.
- Prepare and file VAT returns
- Event and project budgets and accounting
- Maintain companies house records and documentation
- Ensure compliance - accounting standards, money laundering legislation, data protection
- Line management of finance department staff, including 1-1s, appraisals and personal development plans.
- Provide regular finance reports to B&NES Council in its capacity as commissioner and sole shareholder of the company.
To be successful for this Company Accountant post you will need to have:
- Preferred candidate is likely to be CIMA qualified or equivalent with 4-5 years+ experience.
- Ability to work with non-financial commercial managers to resolve accounting queries.
- High attention to detail, strong time management to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Enthusiastic, 'can-do' personality who wants to develop themselves and their career.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of Sage an advantage
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.