£30.00 - £35.00 per hour
10 days ago
Our Client is currently seeking a community advice and support team officer for our local council based in rugby,
Duties of the role:
To provide day-to-day support and supervision of Community Advice and Support Team Officers / Lead Officers delivering housing support to clients.
- To provide advice and guidance in relation to housing support enquiries.
- To prevent homelessness by providing housing information, advice and assistance to clients across all housing tenures.
- To increase housing options for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- Ensure that all staffing rotas are covered and cover for all interviews are maintained with enough cover for telephone calls
- Supervise and manage the Community Advice and Support Officers / Lead Officers
- Assist with the training and development of les experienced staff with regards to housing support.
- To investigate and answer formal complaints, Elected Member enquiries and MP letters
- Liaise with external partners and agencies with regard to individual customer
- To interview, learn the housing need and provide tailored advice to all people that approach the Council for guidance on their housing situation.
- To correctly process all applications from people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness and offer advice and assistance in accordance with legislation and Council policy.
- To take all necessary steps to prevent homelessness occurring where possible, including carrying out home visits to landlords, families, mediation and conciliation wherever possible
- To pursue enquiries as required by the Housing Acts to establish homelessness, priority need and local connections, in order to make decisions concerning the Council's duty towards individual households.
- To ensure that customers receive a high quality professional service that's meets their needs, the purpose of the Service and the Council's corporate priorities
- To comply with the Council's policies, procedures and initiatives relating to Health and Safety Policies.
PAYRATE: £30 - £35 P.H
MONDAY - FRIDAY: 37 HOURS A WEEK
09:00AM - 17:00PM
If you are interested in this position - please contact me on: 02038902797
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.