£14 - £17 per hour
17 days ago
This is an urgent request, would like to successful candidate to start work asap. During these times with COVID-19, the candidate would be working from home.
Manage and develop communications activity with internal and external customers through a variety of means.
1. Creativity and innovation are essential to the role and need to be exercised within general guidelines.
2. Deal with situations where the content and outcome are not straightforward or well established, with some authority in the provision of the service.
3. Work with programmes and agreed objectives but with discretion to adapt/amend alternatives when making decisions.
1. Develop and co-ordinate communication, engagement and marketing strategies and policies.
2. Manage the approach to communications and be a key lead in a particular area or service, ensuring that information is disseminated effectively and that staff access to information is increased.
3. Manage and develop the way in which internal and external customers access information through the intranet, Dorset for You website and other electronic means.
4. Ensure and advise on communications material (ie, internal and external web pages) meet their strategic objectives and adhere to government guidelines for high standards of accessibility, usability, editorial quality and legality.
5. Act as a budget holder where appropriate.
6. Be a representative of the service, attending and chairing meetings and groups reporting on key communications issues, as appropriate.
7. Work with officers across the County Council, identifying communications requirements and innovative practice for internal and external customers and developing these as appropriate.
8. Develop partnerships and work with stakeholders to achieve the maximum degree of cooperation and co-ordination of current and future communications projects.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.