£16.00 - £20.00 per hour
12 days ago
remote working and some work in office in Guildford required.
video and design skills desirable
strong press/media experience
emergency communications experience desirable
- Provide an effective proactive and reactive news service, both day to day and in a crisis. This involves managing the communications schedule, dealing with press enquiries, arranging photo calls and press briefings. The news service also needs to make effective use of the Council's website, intranet and social media channels.
This includes working with officers and councillors to:
- provide an efficient and accurate enquiry response service for local, trade and national media
- help develop a culture of story spotting and identifying news opportunities
- research and write press releases and feature articles and develop good contacts with the media to obtain coverage
- regularly monitor and evaluate media coverage.
- Write, edit, produce, distribute, monitor and audit a range of Council publications..
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications plans and campaigns on Council projects and strategies, working with officers, councillors and partners as appropriate.
- Provide a consistent approach to consultation, delivering corporate consultation and giving advice on the use of feedback in service planning.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of internal communications projects and channels and the intranet.
- Provide a comprehensive public relations and marketing support service to the Council including corporate identity, campaign and strategy development, web support and page development, event support, protocols and guideline advice such as Plain English and social media.
- Manage any budgets for individual PR and marketing projects to ensure that solutions always represent the best value for money.
- To meet performance targets set out in service plans or agreed with the PR and Marketing Manager.
- Actively seek out examples of best practice in communications and keep up to date about the latest developments in communications policy and practice in local government.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required in connection with the duties of the post
- Partnership working
- Work in partnership with colleagues from other services, and councillors, to raise the Council's standards of communication and consultation.
- Contribute to Council working groups on communications issues and provide communications support to partners and other agencies, as directed by the PR and Marketing Manager.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.