West End, London
£15.45 - £16.45 per hour
15 days ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Communications Officer to join our client's offices based in Kensington on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 36 hours per week at £15.45 p/h PAYE.
As the Internal Communications Officer, your main duties will include:
- Liaison with HR and Organisational Development teams to ensure new programmes, events and initiatives are well communicated.
- Support to other teams with event planning.
- Help to promote the priorities from the new Council Plan and People Strategy.
- Support for other Communications Officers as appropriate.
- Creation of content for internal communications channels (electronic, printed and face to face).
- Evaluation of these channels.
- Liaison with Executive Directors and senior managers to help them improve their communications with their teams, and to ensure their successes and innovations are shared more widely across the council.
- Liaison with the offices of the Chief Executive and the Leader to build their profile with staff.
To be successful for this Internal Communications Officer post you will need to have:
- Excellent copywriting skills with the ability to create clear and compelling content for our staff, Lead Members and Councillors.
- A strong track record in developing communications which stand out and increase staff engagement.
- An ability to make complex policies more accessible.
- A good understanding of organisational change and transformation.
- Strong digital skills including photography, video, web, streaming and picture editing.
- An interest in developing new technology for staff communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work confidently with staff at all levels.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.