£14.18 - £14.89 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Communications Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours:Monday - Friday, 37 Hours.
Pay Rate: £14.18 P/H PAYE
Manage and develop communications activity with internal and external customers through a variety of means.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and co-ordinate communication, engagement and marketing strategies and policies.
- Manage the approach to communications and be a key lead in a particular area or service, ensuring that information is disseminated effectively and that staff access to information is increased.
- Manage and develop the way in which internal and external customers access information through the intranet, Dorset for You website and other electronic means.
- Ensure and advise on communications material (ie, internal and external web pages) meet their strategic objectives and adhere to government guidelines for high standards of accessibility, usability, editorial quality and legality.
- Act as a budget holder where appropriate.
- Be a representative of the service, attending and chairing meetings and groups reporting on key communications issues, as appropriate.
- Work with officers across the County Council, identifying communications requirements and innovative practice for internal and external customers and developing these as appropriate.
- Develop partnerships and work with stakeholders to achieve the maximum degree of cooperation and co-ordination of current and future communications projects.
- Encourage and be actively involved in enabling key groups of staff to engage more effectively with customers/the community.
- Provide training and support where appropriate to ensure communications materials are of a high quality and operate within a consistent whole authority framework.
- Contribute to the production and development of team and service plans and performance indicators as appropriate.
- Lead and manage the consistent implementation of the County Council's identity/branding framework in communications material.
- Support the programme of communications and promotional activities, monitoring and evaluating these where appropriate.
- Maintain an awareness of and involvement in national developments and best practice in area of service specialism and integrate as appropriate. 15. Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of supervising other staff.
- Experience of managing and developing methods of communications.
- Experience of writing reports and strategic documents.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Practical and creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to handle conflicting priorities.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases