West End, London
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Communications And Public Information Officer on an initial 3 Month contract.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 36 Hours
Pay Rate: £14.85 P/H PAYE
To assist the Communications and Public Information Manager (Housing) to ensure effective communication with residents and staff within the Council. The post holder will work closely with project and contract managers to help to deliver a seven-year programme of improvement and maintenance work to homes in the borough.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft or edit and proof read public information including letters, newsletters, leaflets and web text in conjunction with the relevant service area and service users, where appropriate
- Work with project and contract managers to communicate with residents about issues affecting their homes, including improvement projects and responsive repairs.
- Act as a guardian of the Council's corporate identity, promoting it and ensuring all housing communications adhere to the Council's standards
- Brief designers and printers and manage the production process
- Liaise with external agencies including distribution companies and translation agencies where needed
- Ensure that operational staff and managers are offered clear guidance on the design, production and distribution of public information they seek to produce
- Work closely with the central communications team, senior officers, managers and staff as well as partner agencies to ensure effective communications exist throughout the organisation and beyond
- Working closely with the procurement team, support the procurement of contractors and consultants by helping to prepare public information and organise events
- Answer internal queries in relation to communications and public information
- Assist in planning events (both internal and external) and preparing promotional materials
- Participate in service meetings, including attending the Housing Management Property Services monthly meetings, and contribute to business planning and strategic direction of the service
- Carry out the responsibilities of the post at all times with due regard to equal opportunities, The Data Protection Act and the maintenance of confidentiality and resident choice
- The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job profile are indicative of the role, however they are not exhaustive and may be subject to change. In addition, you will be required to undertake other reasonable duties as directed by your manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant and demonstrable communications and writing experience
- Previous experience working within a property delivery team
- Knowledge of the public sector preferable, particularly in the area of housing
- ell-developed reading, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interpret complex information and present it simply and clearly, using 'plain English'
- Close attention to detail is vital
- Ability to produce information in a variety of formats
- Must be creative and forthcoming with ideas for the department's communications and public information activities
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Good keyboard skills, sound experience of Microsoft Office
- Experience of writing for the web and using a content management system is preferable
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and be self-motivating
- Be confident, diplomatic and tactful when dealing with a range of people and subjects
- Have the ability to build relationships with key personnel within and outside the organisation
- Must demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and professionalism and be politically sensitive when acting as a representative of the Council
- A flexible approach to working hours - willing to attend Council meetings and respond to changing deadlines
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.