£16.48 - £21.02 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
27 days ago
A 6+ month opportunity has arisen for a Communications and Marketing Officer within the local authorities in Leeds.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Support and advise council services and members on all communications.
- The role involves creating communication plans, providing creative input, writing engaging copy, responding to press enquiries and creating digital content to ensure all communications are appropriate, appealing, timely and accessible to all target audiences and appropriately branded.
- Develop new communication approaches and channels.
- Develop and manage the council's brand
- Advise and support on complex or sensitive reputation management issues and branding.
- Delivery of team objectives through managing people and resources.
Knowledge and Experience
- Fast-paced press office or media experience. including strong writing skills and relationship building
- Experience of developing structured and carefully targeted communications plans securing media coverage to support corporate goals
- Understanding of successful strategies around earned and owned content
- Ability and confidence to advise senior figures directly both within and outside the organisation
- Capable of working flexibly and collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary communications and marketing team.
- Experience of strategic transport communications would be preferable but not essential
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:30
Rate of Pay:
Umbrella Company: £21.02
To apply please send your CV or email for more information
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.