£15.69 - £19.53 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
6 days ago
A 4 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Communication and Engagement Officer within the local authorities in Watford.
- Develop effective and comprehensive communication plans, working closely with the relevant service areas and external organisations as relevant on campaigns
- Provide creative challenge and ideas to campaigns, looking at best practice from both the private and public sector for ideas and inspiration
- Lead the delivery and development of the council's social media platforms, taking responsibility for content that is engaging and for building the number and depth of the council's social media followers
- Monitor and track the council's social media activity to enhance and protect the council's reputation and to spot opportunities for increased engagement
- Use tools such as GovMetric feedback, Google Analytics to help provide feedback and compile reports on how our website is being used and social media taken up
- Develop microsites when identified as part of a communication campaign and ensure that they are accurate, well-designed and managed
- Upload content to the council's website and intranet and ensure that content is clear, relevant and engaging
Communications and Engagement Service Delivery
- Raise and track purchase orders and payments on behalf of Communications and Engagement. Ensure that the cross charging process is administered accurately
- Respond to requests delivered through the staff portal and meet the service standards set out for Communication and Engagement
Perform other duties within function area as and when required including supporting the service provide 24/7 cover (evenings and weekends as required)
- A Level standard or equivalent education or relevant experience
- PR, communications, marketing or journalism qualification or relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills across the full range of communication channels, recognising the different voices and approach required in each
- Advanced knowledge and experience of all digital / social media channels (Facebook / Twitter / Instagram etc)
- Understanding of graphic design packages
- Understanding of consultation and engagement techniques (quantitative and qualitative) , including online software, and ability to analyse results accurately
- Confidence to deal with a range of external media both proactively and reactively
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 08:45am-5:15pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.