£240.96 - £253 per hour
11 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commissioning Manager to join our clients offices based in Morden on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Commissioning Manager, your main duties will include:
- To have an good understanding of the health issues affecting London and Merton and an awareness of central and regional government approaches and relevant legislation.
- To be an expert in their field and have a depth and breadth of knowledge in substance misuse and mental health in order to provide advice and support on related issues.
- To be responsible for the effective commissioning of adult integrated substance misuse services and PH Mental Health Services.
- To undertake contract monitoring ensuring compliance with specifications and quality standards, providing advice, guidance and challenge where needed to ensure contract compliance.
- To establish and sustain key partnerships including other Council Departments General Practice, Community Pharmacy, Merton CCG, Community and Voluntary Sector and through these, influence both the substance misuse/mental health and wider Public Health agendas.
- To be responsible for the running of the life course substance misuse partnership board, ensuring the agenda and workplan are agreed, papers are distributed in a timely way and meetings are recorded in line with TOR.
- To undertake needs analysis, gain market intelligence and develop business cases to inform commissioning/decommissioning decisions.
To be successful for this Commissioning Manager post you will need to have:
- BSc (Hons) / MSc or equivalent qualification in a Public Health related discipline.
- A wide and detailed expert knowledge, showing depth and breadth, and understanding of substance misuse and mental health.
- Knowledge and understanding of the government agenda, legislative framework, guidance and regulations relating to Substance Misuse and Mental Health.
- Experience of working in a public health related environment and influencing policy and stakeholders on Substance Misuse and Mental Health
- Experience in developing and managing complex multi agency partnerships related to the field of Substance Misuse and Mental Health.
- Experience of effectively communicating with internal partners, the public and with providers to change practice or behaviours
- Good oral and written communication skills, able to present matters clearly and concisely, considering the recipient of the information
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with colleagues and service users, including the local community and businesses, individuals and groups
- Ability to work autonomously, to plan and manage own workload and respond to changing demands and priorities, whilst maintaining quality services
35 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.