£300.00 - £315.00 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Commercial Manager on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£300.00 per day
The focus of this role will be to act as a Property Commercial Manager, a key member of the management team within Commercial Management and to be responsible for the delivery of the property procurement strategy, associated wave plan and resulting sourcing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the OJEU compliant supplier engagement and sourcing activities end to end from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis and negotiation and ongoing supplier performance and life cycle management in relation to property related projects.
- Identifying, developing and successfully delivering commercially focused, client-responsive sourcing solutions, utilising a range of techniques including consultant methodology and project management techniques.
- Managing supplier negotiations and ensuring value for money deals are obtained in a professional manner that ensure suppliers are dedicated to high service levels and committed to contribute to Businesses strategic delivery.
- Ensuring that all the businesses policies are strictly followed throughout the procurement process and that all procurement is carried out in an ethical and EU compliant manner.
- Ensuring that business requirements are met and best value is delivered through procurement best practice processes.
- Leading and role modelling to all members of the team, at all times displaying values of progressiveness, service, integrity and collaboration.
- Ensuring that category strategies are aligned with stakeholders business plans and operational requirements, whilst managing risk effectively.
- Working collaboratively and in a partnering capacity with the business to fully understand their objectives, performance issues, challenges and opportunities in terms of business deliverables against business plan for the coming period.
- Taking ownership for the property wave plan, working with the business to identify and track priorities as they change.
- Attending Senior Management Team meetings
- Acting as the overall champion for Procurement Value for Money and efficiency as well as risk management across all activities within Property Services.
- Delivering procurement initiatives which contribute to achieving the strategic goals including but not limited to Contract Management, Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Observing and complying with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participating in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertaking any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Continuously seek realistic ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness in your role, to help the department, and the business, achieve its goals.
Skills and Experience:
- An excellent understanding of sourcing approaches and techniques
- Ability to lead the development and implementation of strategies and processes
- Ability to respond rapidly to the changing needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management experience, either internally or externally, at senior level in order to drive the Procurement wave plan.
- Strong customer service skills, with a "can-do" attitude
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Excellent at prioritising, multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Detail orientated
- Good knowledge of internal and external purchasing policies, procedures, processes, systems and ways of working
- Excellent knowledge of procurement techniques and processes
- Experience of development and implementation of strategies within a Procurement environment
- Strong P2P experience
- Working in a fast paced changing environment
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases