£9.82 - £10.21 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Commercial Account Officer on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours Per week
Monday - Friday
The main purpose of this role is to undertake the day to day running of the DWP's Commercial Services.
To deliver excellent customer service by meeting the needs of both internal and external customers by providing information, advice, guidance and support in relation to Commercial Services, and to follow necessary processes to action customers requests.
To support the aims of the Commercial Services Strategy by assisting in the marketing and growth of a reliable, efficient and effective service for customers, with the aim of maximising the financial contribution of the service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of all customer contact (including new contracts, amendments to existing contracts and cancellations).
- Manage and process all customer requests whilst providing excellent customer service.
- To deal with all administrative tasks associated with DWP Commercial Services.
- Ensure all enquiries are resolved in accordance with legislation, regulation, procedures, service level agreements and customer care standards.
- To work closely with operational and other colleagues to successfully deliver the DWP's Commercial Services. This will include issuing daily work sheets and investigating and resolving customer problems.
- To ensure processes and documentation are accurately completed and recorded Main job purpose Main responsibilities and duties Main job role
- Work with the Commercial Services team and Business Support teams to further develop and improve systems and procedures for Commercial Services including invoicing, debt recovery, bin deliveries, complaint reporting and collection rounds etc.
- To create, maintain and interrogate confidential computerised information records including client, income, debt, service and budgetary data.
- Processing financial transactions ensuring all financial data is reviewed and invoices are accurate, including the debt recovery process
- Responsible for dealing with customer complaints and ensuring they are handled and resolved appropriately.
- Assists in the training and induction of other team members, participates in team meetings and contributes to the development of services for Commercial Services.
- To escalate cases to a senior officer as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and current data is maintained at all times.
- Keep up to date with issues relating to Commercial Services, specific changes in legislation, policy and practice.
- To undertake word processing duties, including letters, memoranda, reports, forms and templates, including complex documents on occasion.
- To provide other office services as required, including the creation and maintenance of files and filing systems, collation of manual data, photocopying, distribution of information, maintenance of stationery supplies, incoming and outgoing post, preparation of minutes, processing and checking of accounts and invoices and receiving and accounting for monies paid in.
- Contribute to the development of administrative functions ensuring changes in legislation, policy and other requirements are met.
- Assist with: * Undertaking marketing exercises to grow the Commercial Services customer base * Attending events/meetings to promote the service * Considering and implementing ways to increase income and/or reduce costs for the service. * Developing new ways to promote the service * Undertaking customer satisfaction surveys, analysing and responding to the results * Assisting with research into alternative delivery models
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of best practice in relation to customer care * Proven effective knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures.
* Knowledge of a range of IT systems, including Word, Excel, email and complex databases.
* Understanding of the work of local authorities.
IT skills including keyboard skills.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision and to use initiative.
* Ability to build and sustain good working relationships with people at all levels, both internal and external.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
* Ability to retain information and produce accurate/quality work.
* Ability to organise own workload effectively, prioritising tasks and working to defined deadlines.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to build up a knowledge of policy, legislation and developments in the field of work relevant to the function
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases