West End, London
£12.44 - £13.44 per hour
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Collection Coordinator to join our client's offices based in West London on a temporary contract basis for 8 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Collection Coordinator, your main duties will include:
- As part of a dedicated team supports the preparation and delivery of the acquisitions programme by implementing a range of operational procedures and systems, including transportation and documentation.
- Working with the technical team researches the requirements for artworks, helping to source equipment or materials required for the display of artworks, and producing installation manuals and exhibition specification documents as required.
- Undertakes condition inspections of work, and prepares and maintains condition reports for new artworks.
- Arranges photography, image sourcing and copyright clearance for Collection works.
Programme and team administrative support
- Implements an agreed set of operational activities to ensure these are delivered to time, budget and quality.
- Operates effective, British Council compliant controls, risk management and monitoring and evaluation processes to track progress and alert colleagues and partners to issues as they arise.
- Provides general administrative support to ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of Visual Arts strategy and activities.
- Takes responsibility for responding knowledgeably and professionally to enquiries about the British Council's Visual Arts work within the Arts sector to ensure high-quality customer experience and maintain the team's reputation internally and externally.
- Maintaining good relationship across internal art forms and business support teams (for example finance, IT and facilities) and external partners, artists and contractors.
- Proactively maintains a sound working knowledge of major developments, issues and stakeholders within the Visual Arts sector to build professional credibility, confidence and market insight.
- Keeps up to date with developments in collection care, export and import regulations for artworks and in the safe handling and transportation of artworks internationally.
Financial and contract management support
- Administers British Council financial processes and procedures to enable effective budget and resource management for the team, e.g. using the finance and business system's procurement processes including raising purchase orders and invoices and creating vendors.
- Actively seeks to ensure value for money on behalf of the British Council for example when booking travel and arranging services.
To be successful for this Collection Coordinator post you will need to have:
- Excellent knowledge of and interest in UK visual arts sector.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of international museum collection care standards for handling, transport and display of art.
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles of conservation condition reports and photographic documentation of works of art.
- Experience of office administration, for example, using databases or other systems.
- Good relationship management skills
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: £12.44 p/h PAYE
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.