£17.00 - £21.00 per annum
24 days ago
4 months - ext
Our client is currently recruiting for a CLERK OF WORK's to join the organisation on a temp - perm base contract,
The client is seeking someone with the below experience and qualifications:
To ensure that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for each project/contract, via site visits, assessing contract implementation with due regard to Building and Health and Safety legislation and, if appropriate, to instruct contractors to cease operations.
To ensure that current knowledge of Building legislation, standards, methods of installation and Health and Safety knowledge is up-to-date using all appropriate means including reading, research from the building industry lead bodies, and networking with all appropriate organisations.
To inspect the work of contractors involved in all aspects of property maintenance, construction and partnering, including major works, responsive repairs, planned works, refurbishment, servicing, voids, cyclical redecorations, estate improvements and regeneration.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Building Surveyor to facilitate, via in-house teams, traditional and partnering procurement routes, maintenance repair and planned minor/major works to the Council's housing stock.
- Experience of supervising and inspecting works in progress for conformity with required standards.
- Experience of attending snagging inspections and issuing of defects. Ensure that schedules of defects after handover are maintained, and their rectification before the expiration of the defects liability period.
- Good general knowledge of building construction and all associated trade work
- Good knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation and good working practices.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience of using Mobile Technology to record survey information.
- Able to plan own workload and make sound judgement when making decisions.
- Confident to voice opinions on different methods of working within the work place with a view to improving performance.
- Must have vehicle available and have driving licence
- Must be prepared to and be capable to climb ladders/scaffolding to access higher levels, and entering restricted spaces.
- Must be prepared to work outside in all weathers on occasions..
If you are interested in this postion - please contact me on: 02038902797
Only seeking experienced candidates.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.