£12.60 - £13.23 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Clerk of Works Mechanical and Electrical on an initial 11 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To ensure the delivery of site works in accordance within approved standards, specifications and schedules associated with WHQS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a service at all times to the nominated Contract Administrator by ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied by contractors are as specified in accordance with the contract information.
- Act on behalf of the nominated Contract Administrator in respect of site problems and defects in works under construction.
- Advise the Assistant Project Manager on standards of quality, finish and compliance with the specification, having due regard to the requirements of the Contract Administrator and the money being expended.
- Participate in the arrangement for the feed-back of information from building projects.
- Maintain liaison with the In - house work teams as well as external Contractors, and ensure that hand-over arrangements are effective complete with all certificates.
- Advise surveyors/designers on the practical aspects of electrical installations, to ensure the soundness and practicality of design proposals.
- Monitor the performance of contractors and consultants on site and to ensure that installations are constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications.
- Provide feedback on the performance of contractors and consultants to contribute to Approved List databases.
- Attend design team meetings with in-house and external consulting design staff.
- Attend and report to pre-contract and site meetings.
- Identify technical problems on site, to recommend corrective action and to issue Clerk of Works' Directions as authorised by the Assistant Project Manager.
- Witness testing, commissioning of installations.
- Prepare schedules of defects and to certify rectification of snagging items.
Skills and Experience:
- Good written communication skills for completing paperwork and compiling reports.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- Well motivated and self-disciplined, with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a team and use your own initiative.
- Time management.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- A strong customer focus.
- Computer literate.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Planned and programmed maintenance inspections.
- Quality assurance.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases