£8.74 - £9.18 per hour
21 days ago
Our client is seeking a clerical Assistant on an initial 1 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 hours
Pay Rate: £8.74
- Ensure resources are used in the most effective and efficient way to achieve sustained improvements to the lives of children, young people and families.
- We will share information with commissioners and partners to develop effective and efficient services.
- We'll know we have succeeded when we can provide evidence that we are achieving our core purpose within the resources available.
- Work with children, young people and families that are at risk of their needs escalating to a level that requires statutory intervention.
- We will invest in services to prevent needs escalating and will recognise that children needs are best met within their own family and community, where this is safe to do so.
- We'll know we have succeeded when an increased proportion of children, young people and families report improved outcomes.
- Involve and engage children, young people and families in aspects of the services that we develop and deliver.
- Families First is committed to involving and engaging children and young people, and we will ensure that our services continue to be fully responsive, that practice is focused on children and young people's needs and that their views are built into the design and delivery of services from the outset.
- Share responsibilities with partners to achieve positive outcomes that respond to and meet individual locality needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take a lead role in the use, maintenance and monitoring of extensive and varied IT facilities including specific responsibility for:
- Information systems for the input and retrieval of data
- Extracting and presenting data to assist in the management of performance
- Use of office Intra/Internet facilities
- Use of digital and scanning equipment
- Create and maintain electronic social care records and manual client records in accordance and Records Management policies and ensuring compliance with policies on filing, retention and destruction.
- The production of documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation using the software provided. This will include the production of letters, reports, tables, presentations and publications.
- To provide support, guidance and advice to the team on the use of the various IT facilities.
- Servicing of various meetings, which may include from time to time, child protection conferences. Including: organising venues, issuing invites and minute taking, the production of accurate records and the distribution of reports within agreed timescales.
- To undertake a range of clerical duties, this will vary from time to time to meet service needs and to ensure multi skilling within the team in line with service level agreements.
- To undertake a range of Customer Care duties. This will include filtering telephone calls, answering questions from members of the public and other agencies on the services of the team and the wider service, accurately recording messages to ensure effective communication and meet and greet duties as and when required.
- Assisting with the day to day financial transactions within the office. This will include cash handling, managing P card transactions, placing orders, the passing of accounts for payment and the monitoring of associated budgets, through the County Council's Finance and Procurement System (SAP).
- Any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability and experience of using IT systems including Microsoft Office suite and Outlook
- Experience in using computer based information systems in an office environment
- Experience of using office procedures, equipment and systems
- Working within a team, preferably in an office environment
- Possess experience in minute taking
- Understanding the principles of providing a good quality service
- Knowledge of good practice in office systems and procedures
- Experience of managing and presenting data for analysis
- Good written and oral communication skills at all levels - this post will involve liaison with Team Managers, fieldwork staff, colleagues in the department and members of the public
- Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Flexible approach - demonstrating ability to respond positively to changes in allocation of work at short notice and to deadlines
- Ability to interpret, format and accurately present information using the software provided
- Demonstrate accurate numerical skills required to process invoices and other financial documents
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Post holder will need to liaise with staff within and outside of the agency at all levels
- Excellent time-management skills with proven ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and maintain effective organisational systems
- Commitment to a high quality service to children and their families
- Ability to travel to various locations as required both within Staffordshire and outside of the County (special arrangements can apply for people with disabilities)
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases