£9.74 - £10.23 per hour
21 days ago
Our client is seeking a Cleansing Team Leader on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours.
Pay Rate: £9.74
- The primary purpose of this post is to assist in the provision of collection and cleansing services within Bath & North East Somerset.
- To be responsible for supervising allocated staff and carrying out operations within refuse and cleansing within Bath and North East Somerset which will involve driving a non LGV vehicle and overseeing the use of vehicles, plant and machinery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Collections & Cleansing Managers participate in the formulation of detailed Team objectives.
- With the Collections & Cleansing Managers ensure the effective and efficient implementation and delivery of Council services and the achievement of the Council's objectives.
- To contribute to co-operative working across service areas.
- To assist in ensuring the Team's services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity and health and safety issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To assist in ensuring effective external and internal working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the Collection & Cleansing Services teams.
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public and others as appropriate.
Employees at this level would be expected to work with minimal supervision and to accept responsibility for the direction of the work of trainees, agency staff and/or other employees assigned to them.
- To liaise with management on operational matters including advising on potential abuse of services (e.g. Fly tipping, Trade Waste)
- All staff to have a reasonable level of communication skills to enable them to liaise with customers,clients & management
- In addition having charge of and being responsible for resources of a significant nature (refuse collection vehicles of a non LGV type, mechanical sweepers, etc) together with a considerable supervisory role (for example allocation of duties, work rotas, collection of missed bins, completion of rotas and work rounds, etc)
- Regularly check standard of work and maintain and return records in compliance with service quality systems. Implement remedial action as necessary and liaise with the Collections & Cleansing Managers in respect of unresolved problems.
- Responsible for completing all paperwork attributable to the vehicle or plant and work patterns. (eg defect reporting, drivers hours records, log books, round tick sheets, etc).
- In addition to the usual range of tools and equipment the use of powered hand tools and light plant could be required.
Skills And Experience:
- Driver must have a clean category C3 licence (Old 7.5 tonne GVW permission - LGV)
- Trained to at least NVQ Level 2
- Banks man Training Required
- Manual Handling Training Required
- These posts require continuous physical effort throughout the working day as well as strength and endurance.
- These posts are subject to continuous environmental pressure throughout the year in terms of heat, noise, smell, (cold, wet and heat)
- 37 / 48 hours per week (dependant on specific post). To include weekend and Bank Holiday working.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are specified and are commensurate with the level of the post.
- This job description only contains the main duties and responsibilities of the post and does not describe in detail the duties required to carry them out
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases