£9.00 - £10 per hour
5 months ago
2 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cleansing Operative to join our busy offices based in Yate on a temporary basis for with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £9.00 p/h.
As the Cleansing Operative, your main duties will include:
- To litter pick, sweep and empty all waste bins within a pre-defined area and to dispose of all waste arising from this following the correct protocol and procedures in place at the time.
- To comply with all appropriate legislation and instructions relating to waste disposal in force at that time.
- To remove and dispose of all other waste and other items including snow and ice as directed by the supervising officer.
- To undertake the collection of illegally tipped waste on highways and open spaces and to collect other items as required, making decisions on the best methods of collection and disposal.
- To assist in the removal of graffiti and fly posters.
- To assist in the undertaking of the application of pesticides and the clearance of detritus in highway environments and carry out other associated duties to control weed growth and detritus in designated areas.
- Depending on duties, weekend work may be involved, for which the appropriate enhancement will be paid.
To be successful for this Cleansing Operative post you will need to have:
- You will require a full driving licence to at least category B for manual transmission vehicles you will need to be competent to drive vehicles up to maximum 3500kg MAM.
- You will need to be physically fit and able to work outdoors in inclement weather throughout the year.
- You will be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and be able to comply with any departmental safety standards.
- You will be able to read and follow written works instructions, read maps and complete paper records.
- Ability to deal with both members of the public and colleagues in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Ability to work on own with little supervision and to use their own initiative
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work.
- Exemplify the Council's values and behaviours.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.