£9.00 - £9.45 per annum
28 days ago
Our client is seeking a Cleaning Operative on the initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
- Under the general supervision of a Cleansing Supervisor and day to day direction of the Cleansing Chargehand, to undertake street cleansing duties and other relevant operations. These include street cleansing and sewer work to an acceptable standard, using appropriate tools, plant, equipment, and light vehicles as required, in accordance with the specification of the cleansing contract and the associated Quality Assurance (ISO 9002) procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- To carry out sweeping, both manual and with mechanical sweepers, litter picking, litter bin emptying, leaf fall collection and other general cleansing duties including public conveniences throughout the area.
- To dispose of all waste arising in an effective manner and accordance with the Duty of Care requirements and other appropriate legislation relating to waste disposal.
- To undertake the detoxification of refrigeration units.
- To undertake the application of pesticides and other associated duties to control weed growth in designated areas.
- To undertake the collection of illegally tipped waste on highways and open spaces and to collect items as required including bulky items, dead animals, dog faeces and other items discarded by members of the public, making decisions on the best methods of collection and disposal.
- To undertake, in the event of severe weather conditions, clearance of snow and ice from pedestrian areas, carry out flood damage clearance and to assist in any emergency relief operations as may be necessary.
- To clean public toilets, including urinals, surrounds, washbasins, floors and surfaces, replenishing soap and paper as necessary and reporting graffiti, damage and defects to supervision.
- To check vehicles and equipment on a regular basis and as directed, ensuring that defects are reported promptly and that the corresponding defect sheets are submitted as required.
- To ensure that vehicles are maintained in a clean condition both inside and out.
- To assist in general sewer work including high power jetting as directed.
- To ensure that all appropriate Health and Safety requirements are observed.
- To complete appropriate time sheets and documentation as necessary.
- To ensure that all contact with members of the public is carried out in a polite and courteous manner.
- To carry out any other duties that are commensurate with the level and nature of the post at the request of management.
Skills and Experience-
- Physical fitness is essential
- Approved course in pesticide application (NAC) as part of job training
- Full driving licence is essential
- Experience in a relevant cleansing/waste environment is preferred
- Frequent contact with the general public.
- Street Care and United Waste Services inspectors, other members of South Gloucestershire staff.
- Contact with suppliers/manufacturers of plant and equipment used.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.