£8.21 - £8.62 per hour
22 days ago
Our client is currently seeking a Cleansing Operative on an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Sunday
- To clean public areas and be responsible for maintaining standards of cleanliness for the council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake duties relating to the manual sweeping, collection and removal of litter, dirt and debris, emptying of litter bins and, if specified, emptying Dog bins.
- Responsible for daily vehicle checks, ensuring the vehicle is mechanically operational and roadworthy. Completion of relevant statutory paperwork.
- Carries out the cleaning of Public toilets. To carry out any small repairs or maintenance issues, including removal of small blockages and the removal of graffiti.
- Road sweeping duties using mechanical or non-mechanical means.
- To comply fully with Health and Safety guideline, ensuring safe working practices.
- Any other reasonable and comparable duties as required.
- May be required to drive DWP vehicle below 3.5t
- The collection of fly-tips
- Required as part of daily duties to drive and be responsible for DWP vehicle below 3.5t.
- Supervision for one other cleansing operative, only when undertaking T1/T2 traffic management on the highway.
- Responsibility would include ensuring the correct procedure and use of equipment and PPE is followed. This will be on-site in the immediate working proximity.
- The Post holder will be responsible for the PPE as supplied.
- Routine maintenance checks of vehicle.
- The Post holder will be responsible for any vehicle allocated to drive, and equipment supplied.
- This is an outdoor based role; the post holder will be predominantly working/driving alone. Exposure to all weather conditions, traffic conditions, hazards connected to driving/operating machinery. Exposure to dirt, dust and noise. Will involve handling of chemicals and contact with unknown substances and materials. Contact with the public with risk of challenge or abusive behaviour. The post requires a lot of walking, standing, bending, lifting and driving throughout the day.
Skills and Experience:
- A general standard of Education
- Level 2 - Full and clean driving licence.
- Level 2 - T1/T2 traffic management qualification
- NVQ 2 or equivalent in Waste environment.
- Level 1 - Full and clean driving licence.
- Safe and proper use of cleaning materials
- Awareness of health and safety
- Level 2 - Driver.
- Knowledge of Waste/Cleansing industry
- Level 1 - Driver.
- Previous experience of working within a cleaning role.
- Experience of working within the Waste collection environment.
- Experience of working with the Public
- Ability to work as part of a team but also on own initiative with minimum
- Awareness of working within the public domain.
- Methodical and organised
- Prepared to work in all weather conditions and in a variety of public
- Willingness to work out of hours in emergency circumstances.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases