£8.62 - £9.05 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cleaner to join our clients offices based in Gosport on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Cleaner, your main duties will include:
- The role involves carrying out cleaning tasks at various housing sites, including high-rise blocks and sheltered schemes. Specialist cleaning tasks may also be required, such as steaming, jet-washing and buffing.
- Cleaning experience would be an advantage but not essential, as full training given. You will be required to carry out internal and external cleaning throughout the year. It is expected that you will work in all weathers.
- You need to be flexible in where you work, including moving around different teams and housing areas, sometimes at short notice, in order to allow us to effectively run our service. It is imperative that you are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- You must have a good understanding of Health & Safety practices and be able to demonstrate safe methods of work when cleaning which promotes the health and safety of yourself and others. You will need to use equipment correctly and be prepared to carry out regular care and maintenance of the equipment.
- In addition to cleaning around the estate, you will be required to collect customer satisfaction data which will involve speaking to residents as well as reporting bulky items, communal repairs and anti-social behaviour issues to relevant departments.
- We use a mobile phone to communicate with you as this is a lone-working role in which you are required to self-manage in order to meet our purpose at each job you are assigned.
To be successful for this Cleaner post you will need to have:
- To be a motivated, hard-working and conscientious individual who is able to use initiative when necessary and take pride in the work.
- To be a team-player with good self-awareness, supporting others in meeting the Green & Clean purpose.
- To be a confident and calm person who is able to be diplomatic in challenging situations.
- To be able to make good decisions, take responsibility for actions and learn from any mistakes made.
- To have the ability to converse at ease with customers and colleagues in accurate spoken English.
- To be able to communicate effectively and be a good listener.
- To be flexible and able to adapt to changing work situations.
- To be an honest person with a positive attitude and good work ethic.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.