Darlington, County Durham
Up to £8.21 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Cleaner on an initial 3-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 Hours Per Week
Monday - Friday
To undertake the cleaning of an area of the establishment as designated by the Programme Manager to ensure that it is maintained in a clean, safe and hygienic condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using appropriate powered and other equipment, weekly clean the premises to a set programme, to include sweeping, damp mopping and wiping, dusting, vacuuming, polishing of all areas (including topping up of toilet requisites and cleaning of all sanitary ware).
- Daily empty litter bins and take to central collection point.
- Report any defused bulbs, damage to property or other faults to the General Assistant.
- Observe Health & Safety at Work procedures at all times.
- Assist with moving furniture and any other related tasks as required by the Home Manager / Management Team. Secure internal doors and windows as instructed by the Home Manager / Management Team.
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures e.g. Council (Equal Opportunities Policy/Code of Conduct), national legislation (Health and Safety, Data Protection).
- To maintain the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the department.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
Skills and Experience:
Previous experience of cleaning duties Good literacy and numeracy Working knowledge of Health & Safety at Work Act and COSHH regulations.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.