£13 - £15.91 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
27 days ago
3 Months +
We have 6x exciting opportunities for Parking Civil Enforcement Officers to join our busy offices based in Guilford on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £13.00 PAYE or £15.91 Umbrella p/hour.
As the Parking Civil Enforcement Officer, your main duties will include:
- Identify parking infringements and respond accordingly, applying legislative provisions for the civil enforcement of parking contraventions; applying Council policy and following enforcement procedures. This includes issuing warning notices and penalty charge notices to motorists. Identify and report lost, stolen or fraudulent Blue Badges.
- Contribute to the Authority's success in addressing challenges to penalty charge notices and complaints from members of the public.
- Gather good quality evidence, by conscientiously and consistently making contemporaneous notes of patrol and enforcement activity (e.g. evidence in support of penalty charge notices, conversations with members of the public and missing signs). Provide verbal and written reports (including witness statements) to support enforcement activity including incidences of violence or obstruction; vehicle drive-aways and non-parking misdemeanours taking place in the community.
- Participate in adjudications as required.
To be successful for this Civil Enforcement Officer post you will need to have:
- Significant experience in enforcing parking legislation and Traffic Regulation Orders, including issuing penalty charge notices and recording good evidence.
- Significant experience of responding positively and courteously to questions from members of the public.
- Familiar with Hand Held Computers used for parking enforcement.
- Experienced in responding appropriately to situations of conflict.
- Significant experience of working independently, with little or no supervision.
- Familiar with parking equipment used by members of the public and experience of fixing basic problems e.g. ticket replenishment and coin jams.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.