West End, London
£10.24 - £10.75 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Civic / Porter Operative to join our clients offices based in London on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of extension.
As the Civic / Porter Operative, your main duties will include:
- To work a split shift pattern Monday - Friday consisting of an early and a late shift rotating weekly.
- To ensure that all the halls and function room facilities are cleaned on a daily basis to the highest standards required to meet the needs of all of our internal and external clients. This will include toilets, kitchens, and external concourses.
- To prepare the function rooms with furniture and equipment, in accordance to the customer's required layout and instructions as provided by the Operations team, ensuring that all equipment is fully operational to the correct standard and is not damaged in accordance with the health and safety requirements.
- To ensure where meetings are booked without provisions for refreshments, carafes of water are provided.
- To provide cover for FOH - customer facing duties.
- Liaise with the Logistics Team Leader to ensure cover for events or meetings taking place outside regular shift hours.
- To ensure, by liaising with the Events Manager, Logistics Team Leader and customers that all queries are resolved, and customer's requirements are met.
- To ensure that Fire Regulations are adhered to when events are being set-up and to liaise with the Events Manager to ensure compliance.
To be successful for this Civic / Porter Operative post you will need to have:
- Ability to produce accurate work when working under pressure.
- Ability to work well on own initiative whilst working effectively as a team member.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to maintain effective relationships at all levels.
- Strong time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn and use the "in-house" room booking computerised system.
- A successful candidate will require excellent verbal and communication skills, should be friendly, approachable and assertive when necessary as well as competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to deal with members of the public, staff, senior officers, Councillors and people at different levels.
- Effective communication and influencing skills and capabilities.
- Relevant professional qualification or equivalent gained through experience.
- 3 Years Written referencing.
Start Date: 01/10/19
Working Hours: 36 Hours per week, Monday - Sunday
Pay Rate: £10.24 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.