£300.00 - £315.00 per day
11 months ago
Our client is seeking a Cis Senior Assistant System Engineer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
40 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£300.00 per day
The job holder will be proficiently knowledgeable up to the level of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within an ICT discipline who will provide a range of technical and professional advice, support and guidance in a Dev Ops agile environment to all Council staff, Schools, other external clients.
They will plan and organise complex project work defined with the Senior Systems Support Officer ensuring compliance within support versions of the software/hardware and exploiting the technology to deliver efficiency gains for example by automation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ad hoc ICT issues on an extremely complex and diverse estate. These can vary from single user PC to catastrophic failure affecting all users, all services to entire Council and Public across Cheshire and partner locations.
- The job holder has responsibility to evaluate and recognise the severity of the issue and influence escalation to a major incident whereby they will be expected for diagnosis in their technical areas as part of a wider ICT technical team working to a Major Incident Plan
- Ensure the provision and upkeep of a corporate knowledge base is available for the speedy resolution of subsequent faults and to ensure that action is taken to minimise the occurrence of incidents and to improve the process of problem reporting and clearing.
- Liaise with clients and Project Team for each engaged indicative price request/chargeable workstream on specification and calculation of capital/asset and human resource financial demand and skill types.
- Responsible for delivery of work packages, requests for assistance, upgrades, changes, developments and installs and for ensuring own and supporting member of the team's work is compliant within ICT project delivery processes such as Service Gates, CAB, and completed on time.
- Technical planning, scheduling and implementation of assigned Core/BAU support tasks and project work and ensure the work is completed within SLA's/KPI's. This may also include supporting junior members of the team to ensure their work also meets the appropriate SLA's/KPI's.
- Investigate problems using available tools, equipment and standards associated with own area of specialist knowledge.
- Assess implications, prioritise and undertake remedial or mitigation action, using service procedures and own initiative.
- Documenting all stages of tasks, keeping clients and management informed at all times of the current status of unresolved problems.
- Advise on opportunities for development and adoption of automated technology solutions, to maximise efficiency, savings, improve public services and optimise customer experience.
- Will Implement, maintain and improve QMS documented procedures and technical instructions for all aspects of ICT Service management across Councils staff, Schools and other external clients to ensure compliance with corporate and national policy and professional standards, eg. GDPR, PSN, ITIL, PRINCE
- Assisting the Delivery Team Lead to counsel, develop, coach and motivate staff located across Cheshire to support training plans and Key Tasks are completed to corporate standards and to ensure that best practice and specialist skills are shared, and high levels of customer satisfaction produce effective relationships.
- Plan, define and present complex and highly technical training and awareness sessions including to none technical staff and clients in plain simple English on the effective use of ICT and long term strategic direction.
- Applies technical input with the procurement and re-procurement of best value contracts within the available financial budgets of upto £5million and their ongoing revenue budgets..
- Applies technical input with specifying supplier SLA's/KPI's and will monitor compliance with standards and advise through ongoing service review of contracts to ensure SLA's/KPI's are met.
- Advise with the ongoing continuity of many business-critical systems and processes in a highly complex hybrid environment.
- Advise and implement the teams DR and business continuity arrangements for area of expertise.
- The job holder may be required at any time to under take any work up to and/or at a level consistent with existing responsibilities. These tasks may be at any location in Cheshire East, to ensure the effective deployment of labour, materials, transport and equipment to meet daily service requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Industry accredited qualifications.
- Excellent customer service approach.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy.
- Calm, confident manner able to work effectively under pressure.
- Solution focused and flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to use their own initiative.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage regular interruptions to remain productive.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 written references.
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.