8 months ago
1. Support the management of the Temporary/Transfer Child Protection Plans on a weekly basis.
2. Complete Child Protection statutory visits for the specialist safeguarding units on behalf of the other Local Authority that have requested assistance from Staffordshire for a safe and well visit. Ensure that visits are recorded in a timely fashion and shared with the other Local Authority.
3. Support area team based social workers to provide a professional social work response to cases where cross border matters require the intervention of the LA.
4. Promote the efficiency of timely requests for Initial Health Assessments (IHAs) for children who have become Looked After After and ensure that they have been requested using an effective tracking system working alongside the Specialist Safeguarding Manager.
5. Support the Specialist Safeguarding Manager with the Local Authorities response to Serious Case Reviews, i.e. provided evidence relating to lessons learnt and identified areas for improvement.
6. Support the Specialist Safeguarding Development Manager to maintain effective strategic arrangements for effective partnership engagement in Child Protection Conferences and Core Groups.
7. Support the Specialist Safeguarding Manager to overview the process of the oversight of formal notifications for children placed in Staffordshire by other Local Authorities.
8. Support the Specialist Safeguarding Manager with the Local Authority's response to CP-IS (Child Protection Information Sharing NHS England initiative) notifications.
9. Support the development of policies and procedures in existing and emerging areas of social work practice, working closely alongside the Specialist Safeguarding Manager. This will include the development of good practice guides and the awareness of these.
10. Support the management of the CSE (Child Sexual Exploitation) Panels working closely alongside the CSE Coordinator by
11. Providing advice, support and guidance within the Authority
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.