£26.50 - £27.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Childcare Lawyer to join them on a temporary contract basis for 3 months initially with the possibility of an extension.
You will be joining a well-respected team and will assist in providing a high standard of service to their clients. You will be rewarded with an interesting and varied caseload and a friendly and supportive working environment. You will manage an interesting and busy caseload within a large local authority, as well as having the opportunity to conduct your own advocacy.
To be successful for this Childcare Lawyer post, you will be one of the following:
- Experience of attending court as an advocate (Higher Rights of Audience) in the Single Family Court, including all hearings up to trial.
- A track record of achievement in conducting high level and complex casework, including high risk cases.
- Experience of dealing with complex childcare cases
- Ability to undertake some redaction of social care files, To work in collaboration with the Social Care and Data Protection Teams to ensure that all relevant data is disclosed to individuals securely on time after appropriate redactions, in response to Subject Access Requests; Police disclosure and other agency requests.
- Admitted solicitor or qualified Barrister or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives
- Qualification of Higher Rights of Audience
- Full understanding of risk management in the context of corporate governance
- Detailed knowledge of childcare and other relevant area of law.
- Detailed knowledge of circumstances currently affecting local authorities including the Family Justice Review, Equalities Act 2010 and the Human Rights Act 1998.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.