£23.81 - £25.00 per hour
12 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Childcare Lawyer to join our clients offices based in Wembley on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Childcare Lawyer, your main duties will include:
- To work in the following area of legal casework: Children's Social Care;
- To provide proactive, clear and concise legal advice and assistance to clients.;
- To supervise Senior Legal Assistants, Legal Assistants and / or trainees as directed / where necessary.;
- To deputise for Senior Lawyers as and when required.
- Provide specialist legal advice and assistance on all issues arising within the post holder's area of responsibility
- Personally conduct advocacy on behalf of the Council and instruct counsel as appropriate.
- Approve or amend legal aspects of reports to be submitted to members requiring decisions and attend committee and other meetings to give legal advice as necessary.
- Provide proactive legal advice and assistance to meet the needs of members and officers and assist with client liaison.
- Contribute towards the running of the team and Legal Services.
- Actively contribute to developing policies and good practice.
To be successful for this Childcare Lawyer post you will need to have:
- PUBLIC LAW CHILD CARE EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
- DBS Required
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.