Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£11.61 - £12.19 per hour
17 days ago
We have an excellent opportunity for a Child and Family Engagement Worker to join our client's offices based in Wolverhampton on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of extension.
Our client is one of the largest local authorities in the UK who provide a broad range of services to their citizens. They are at the start of a significant transformation agenda to improve and ensure positive outcomes for all of the communities and citizens, working in partnership with all public sector organisations across the County.
As the Child and Family Engagement Worker, your main duties will include:
- To work with children, their families and carers to ensure that children are supported to fulfil their potential.
- Support parent and education providers and respond to their needs in engaging positively with children and young people's learning and development.
- To actively engage children, young people and their parents/carers to ensure appropriate access to education is secured and maintained.
- Engage with families to complete direct work with children and young people to promote healthy lifestyles, positive peer/family relationships and safe parenting to develop a good understanding of their culture/community identity.
- To develop and maintain effective partnership working with children, young people and their families and ensure that they are listened to, whilst valuing diversity and background. That the intervention provided is timely, coordinated and flexible to meet the changing needs/demands of individuals concerned, at the earliest opportunity.
To be successful for this role, you will need to have:
- Minimum standard of NVQ 3 in respect of working with children and their families or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years experience working directly with children, their families or carers in any relevant setting.
- An understanding of child development and the effect of stress and trauma on child development and how to overcome the effects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective challenge to discriminatory or inappropriate behavior within families and agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, their families and carers
Your working hours will be: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 17:00
Pay rate: £11.61p/h
Please note: this role requires an Enhanced DBS issued within the last 12 months
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases