£8.74 - £9.18 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Chef on the initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
24 hours per week
Monday - Friday
The post holder will be expected to work directly with the general public or within the kitchen in providing a safe and pleasant environment for café customers. This will entail undertaking a broad range of activities within set procedures to ensure compliance with regulations. These can be physical in nature and the post holder may be exposed to unfavourable environmental conditions
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Carry out routine activities within a cleaning or food preparation schedule, in line with safe working practices, to support a hygienic and safe environment.
- Provide routine cover for the café supervisor to ensure a safe and efficient kitchen operation in food preparation, stock rotation and ordering and front of house waiting as required.
- Check, pack/unpack and carry deliveries or orders ensuring accurate stock control and ordering, compliance with legislative requirements in relation to food and general safety, raising anomalies with senior café staff.
- Undertake food and beverage preparation and serving customers, avoiding undue wastage.
- Implement risk assessments to provide information for others in safe working and hygienic practices.
- Resolve customer complaints and respond appropriately to customer comments to maximise customer footfall within the sea front and café.
- Follow agreed financial procedures to ensure accurate billing and banking processes to maximise income for the café.
Skills and Experience-
- Demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills to level 2 on the NQF
- Understanding and knowledge of the specific work environment gained through previous work experience through retail and food preparation outlets
- Practical work experience and training to achieve NVQ Level 2 units in food safety and hygiene.
- Practical work experience to give an understanding of the processes and practices required or to operate simple machinery
- Polite and courteous with colleagues and the general public
Food Hygiene Certificates Needed
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.