West End, London
£10.55 - £11.08 per hour
18 days ago
Our client is seeking a chef/cook on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
32.5 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To manage a non-domestic kitchen, cook meals and prepare other refreshments for users of a centre or day nursery. The temp will normally be expected to participate in menu planning, direct other staff involved in food preparation, plan work tasks, clean food preparation & equipment and prepare simple stock orders.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working as a Cook in a non-domestic setting responsible for the provision of meals from a menu of dishes to large numbers of people at each sitting.
- Experience of supervising others in a catering environment.
- As a Cook, to have been accountable for managing a catering budget over a period of time.
- Preferably a City & Guilds 706/1 and 2 or S/NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation and Cooking.
- Knowledge of menu planning.
- Knowledge of equities & diversity issues.
- Excellent knowledge of nutrition and food hygiene.
- Able to plan methodically and cope with several tasks at once.
- Basic literacy & numeracy skills.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Last 2 employer's Names.
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified).
- Childrens and Adults Barred List Check.
- An Enhanced DBS.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.